Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A civic responsibility

That time of year is almost upon us. I'm not near as informed as I should be and I don't really care. Even though I know it really means nothing, it doesn't matter, I feel its something we all must do. Too many people in my age bracket feel it is a waste of time and don't even bother. You know what I have to say to that? Fuck you for bitching about the way things work. If you don't stand up and at least try, you have no right to bitch about anything that our government does. I don't want to hear how much you hate this or that. If you didn't get out to vote then shut your fucking pie hole. While I know my vote doesn't mean shit and never will, it does give me the right to bitch about what is going on. With that being said, its time to dust of my voter registration card and try to assimilate as much knowledge as humanly possible in the next 2 weeks so I at least have a vague idea of what the fuck is going on.

1 comment:

Michael "Pirate" Limon said...

I disagree. In most all elections there are two possible parties to vote for. I do happen to listen and watch the debates (presidental) and read articles about the local elections. However, unless I find one that I actually agree with then I'd rather not say I want either. Voting for a party that doesn't exist (I.E. micky mouse) is a waste of paper and tax payers money for the time it took to count and record that vote, then the storage of said vote etc... therefore it's creating more of a problem then simply not voting for either. If I don't like whats going on and I don't like those offering to fix it then I will not ask that they try to fix it anyway. I'd rather leave it as is then vote to make it worse.